Saturday, 4 July 2015

Being a living statue is not nearly as difficult as you would think. As the great philosopher of our time, Shia Lebeouf, has said: JUST DO IT

Seriously. I wasn't given a crash course or anything. What is expected of being a living statue? Misdirection, and laughter/fear. That's it. Stand still. I can't do it right now, but you put me in the right skin, I apply the bronze to my face, and suddenly, I don't feel the need to move nearly as much. I can stop myself from blinking for what seems like an eternity. The biggest key, I believe, is that you don't zone out, but use the skill we love so much in Rosebud -- passive awareness. I lose visual focus, and attempt to gather information through my peripheral vision. I begin to eavesdrop -- it's the easiest way to know when a mark is coming near. "Is it real? I don't know. I think so. Maybe" means the person won't be terribly surprised if I start to move. Surprise still, and compliments on being so convincing, but not terror.

"I wonder who designs these little scenes around here. That statue looks so real..." Means that the person is going to lose
their
poop.

Little children are some of my favourites, as they like to play. They hide, the come up, they high five. Their sense of magic is still there, when statues can be both real and statue.

There is no preparation. There simply is being still, and moving. If you belch, it's hilarious. Even more so if you sneeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment